Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Field Harvest Coordinators - Tasmania - Berry Category
- Exciting Harvest Management role in a dynamic agribusiness environment
- Career progression opportunities available for the right candidates
- Great opportunity for experienced Team Leaders/Coordinators
Field Harvest Coordinators – Tasmania, North West (Multiple Positions)
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
Costa is the country’s leading berry producer with multiple sites across Australia, growing blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries. We are the only Australian berry grower to achieve year round production of blueberries and we grow approximately 45% of Australia’s total blueberry supply.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
The Harvest Production team are looking for experienced people Coordinators. Reporting to the Field Harvest Manager, the Field Harvest Coordinator positions are seasonally based casual roles based at our farms that are located at Wesley Vale, East Devonport, Sulphur Creek, Dunorlan and Lebrina.
Tasmanian Berry Harvest duration is nominally late October to late April.
The Field Harvest Coordinator roles require the ability to work across a 7-day roster for the duration of harvest.
About the Role
The main focus of this role is to support the Field Harvest Manager in the Supervision / lead of harvest crews, monitoring performance and driving efficiencies.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring Field Harvest Supervisor performance and provide regular feedback to improve individual and team performance.
- Provide feedback to the Supervisor team in order to support them in improving their skills.
- Support the Field Harvest Manager in maintaining accurate and up to date figures on picking rates to enable KPI’s to be effectively monitored.
- Provide the Field Harvest Manager with figures as requested on the current and predicted harvest rates, in order for this information to be fed into wider farm planning.
- With the Field Harvest Manager provide supervision to the Harvest Support Team, issuing daily work schedules.
- Monitoring performance and provide feedback for improvement when needed.
- Ensure appropriate resources are available to the harvest crews on a daily basis
- Champion working practices that adhere to WH&S & Hygiene guidelines.
- Ensure quality management systems are adhered to and all appropriate paperwork is completed.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role as well as:
- Be self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a team,
- Have excellent communication skills
- Experience of supervising and leading teams including team supervisors
- Experience of working in a horticulture environment is advantageous
- Ability to make decisions independently and act on their feet
- Ability to understand KPI figures and budget figures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills including use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to plan ahead
- Preferably current first aid certificate, or willingness to complete
- Current driving licence and own vehicle
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the primary way that we will contact you.
Casual / Seasonal
Job no: IEAP90241
Location: Devonport, Dunorlan, Lebrina, Sulphur Creek, Wesley Vale
Closing Date: Applications open all year