Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Farm Workshop Manager
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.
But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
A trade qualified and experienced Mechanic to be located at Colignan Farm (approx. 45 minute drive from Mildura) and manage the workshop activities of a small team of Mechanics engaged in all operational aspects of farm machinery that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical principles and include but is not limited to tractors, augers, post hole diggers, harvesters, backhoes, forklifts, front end loaders, sprayers, irrigation systems and ATVs. A flexible approach to work hours is essential due to the operational requirements of a horticultural farm subject to seasonal and harvest demands.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain workshop facilities and supervise a mechanical trades team, coaching technical development.
- Apply diagnostic and trouble shooting skills to identify defects and malfunction causes and determine the most effective repair, replacement, or modification solution.
- Communicate proactively with Farm Mangers to align repair and maintenance works with farming operations and seasonal programs.
- Manage accurate maintenance and repair records.
What you’ll bring to the role:
We’re looking for someone with…
- A desire to progress their career development to Management level.
- 5 years on the job experience as a mechanic.
- A mechanical trade qualification or recognised equivalent such as Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology or Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade.
- A current Australian driver’s license.
We care for our people:
People are the heart of Costa. Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
Ready to apply?
Submit your application then keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder).