Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Farm Worker roles - Nationwide
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.
But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
Help us feed Australia by contributing to the 2020/2021 season in various roles including;
- Fruit pickers (berries)
- Fruit packers
- Crew Supervisors and Assistant Supervisors
- Truck Drivers
- Forklift Driver
We have roles available in all five of our berry locations;
- Walkamin/Atherton - Far North Queensland
- Gingin - Western Australia
- Corindi - New South Wales Mid-North Coast
- Tumbarumba - New South Wales Snowy Mountains (available December and January)
- Tasmania - Northern Tasmania Coast (available now to March)
What you’ll be doing:
Whether you’re picking, packing or working in our distribution centres, you’ll be helping to get our delicious berries to our customers. Every step in the chain is key in ensuring that our customers receive ripe, great quality produce.
Key things to know;
- All roles are offered on a casual basis and season times vary based on the site requirements
- Most roles operate 7 days per week with rostered days off
- Most sites have roles available starting immediately
- Full COVID protocols in place to protect all workers
- Experienced and supportive supervisors who will assist you in maximizing your earning
- Picking roles are paid under a piece rate agreement in line with the Costa Berries Enterprise Agreement (which pay a rate higher than the horticulture award)
- All Costa Berry sites are regional for working holiday 2nd and 3rd year visas
- For picking roles, no experience is needed - full training and induction is provided
- Work health and safety is managed as a priority onsite with qualified and experienced first aiders available at all times
You might be able to get some financial support to take up one of these roles:
Relocation assistance from the Australian Government is available for people to move and take up jobs in agriculture, including harvest work.
You may be eligible for financial assistance to help with the costs of travel and accommodation (up to $6000 depending on your circumstances) when you relocate to take up a short-term agricultural work opportunity.
More information can be found through the following link; https://jobsearch.gov.au/harvest/workers/relocation-assistance
Costa is supportive
of this program and will help you access the assistance if required.
What you’ll bring to the role:
We’re looking for people with…
- A strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and team skills.
- A willingness to work outdoors
- Top notch time management, planning and organisational skills.
- The ability to work alone, and under direction.
- Specialists tickets and licences for certain roles (MR licence, forklift licence)
We care for our people:
People are at the heart of Costa. Whether they’re helping us produce safe and nutritious food, or feeding that food to their families.
Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
When clicking the "apply now" button you will be asked to complete an expression of interest form, outlining which site and roles you are interested in. When we receive this we will contact you directly to discuss you specific preferences and the next stage in the process.
You will be prompted to set up a user account - you will only need to do this once and the user account can be used for any subsequent applications made with Costa.
Ready to apply?
Submit your application then keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder).