Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Farm Worker/Fruit Picker - Tumbarumba
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join our team at the Tumbarumba farm!
- Picking blueberries, - flexibility to work across other Farm Worker duties as needed is essential as tasks could vary on a daily or weekly basis.
- Work is available on a casual basis from December to January.
- Tumbarumba, NSW
- Option to transfer to other sites at the end of the Tumbarumba season if we have seen good performance
- 5 or 6 days a week, Monday to Sunday.
- Picking is paid under a piece rate agreement in line with the Costa Berries Enterprise Agreement
- Blueberries are paid per kilo
- Weekly pay by bank transfer with emailed payslips
- All Costa Berry sites are regional for working holiday 2nd and 3rd year visas
- Free transport is provided for all employees from the Tumbarumba caravan park to the farm sites. The caravan park is a central spot in the town of Tumbarumba
- Paid in line with the Costa Berries Enterprise Agreement which pays rates above the Horticulture Award
- Full training provided
- Work health and safety managed as a priority onsite with qualified and experienced first aiders available at all times
- Full COVID protocols in place to protect all workers - registered COVIDSafe Business NSW
- Experienced and supportive supervisors who will assist you in maximizing your earnings
Relocation assistance from the Australian Government will be available for people to move and take up jobs in agriculture, including harvest work. You may be eligible for financial assistance to help with the costs of travel and accommodation (up to $6000 depending on your circumstances) when you relocate to take up a short-term agricultural work opportunity. More information can be found through the following link; https://jobsearch.gov.au/harvest/workers/relocation-assistance
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have the ability to undertake strenuous work activities for extended periods of time in adverse weather conditions
- Be a strong team player
- Have excellent attention to detail and be self-motivated
- Have the ability to work within a team
If you are interested in joining us, please submit your application. There will be a merit based recruitment process for all applications.
To submit your application you will need the following;
- A copy of your passport or Australian birth certificate with photo ID
After you have submitted your application, keep your eye on your emails - that is how we will contact you about the progress of your application. Once we have assessed your suitability for the role, if you are successful, you will be issue documents for completion online prior to being invited to select a start date for work.