Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Farm Worker - Corindi (2/03)
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join our team at the Corindi farm.
About the roles
We are currently recruiting for casual roles that are seasonal in nature. The roles will involve working across multiple tasks on the Corindi site, in order to keep our operations running smoothly. The roles will involve the following;
- Fruit Picking
- Hand Weeding
- Weed spraying
- Pest and disease scouting
- Pruning (level 1)
- Block removal
- Tunnel maintenance
- Fruit Packing
Tasks could vary on a daily or weekly basis. The majority of work performed in these roles is on a piece work basis, however a small number of tasks are paid on an hourly rate basis.
We are looking for people who extensive experience of working in a farm environment, and who can demonstrate experience in multiple roles.
To be successful in this role you will;
- Have experience of working within a farm environment across multiple roles
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Have excellent verbal communication
- Be organised and able to meet deadlines
- Have the ability to undertake strenuous work activities for extended periods of time in adverse weather conditions
- Be a strong team player
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have the ability to communicate well and work within a team
- Be self-motivated
- Have an understanding of basic English (written and spoken)
- Hold a drivers licence and have your own reliable transport
There will be a merit based recruitment process which will require applicants to outline how they meet the above criteria for the role.
Casual / Seasonal
Job no: CJAR00383
Closing Date: Wednesday, 30 December 2020