Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Farm Operations Workers - Corindi 2021
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.
But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for people to join one of our teams, get outside and work on the frontlines, supporting the operations of our farm to grow the berries that feed Australia.
This role will see you working 5 or 6 days a week for up to 8 hours (depending on workflow requirements). Tasks will Include pruning, block planting, block removal, weeding, mowing and tunnel maintenance. We are looking for people who have skills and experience in these areas, who are able to complete physical work in our hot mid-North Coast conditions.
How it works:
We are committed to ensuring that our farm area is well maintained and our crop is suitably supported to produce great yields and high quality fruit.
- We have lots of work between now and January, and possibly beyond for great workers
- Tasks will vary based on what work is a priority for each week
- Some activities are paid on an hourly rate in line with the Costa Berries Enterprise Agreement
- Some activities are paid under Piece Rate, some through hourly rate. You will need to be prepared to work under both arrangements as we may rotate people between tasks
- An average worker can earn more than the base rate in the Horticulture Award
- All employees will view and sign a Piece Rate Agreement before starting work If you are working under piece rate
- Weekly pay by bank transfer with emailed payslips
- All Costa Berry sites are regional for working holiday 2nd and 3rd year visas
- Full training provided
- Work health and safety managed as a priority onsite with qualified and experienced first aiders available at all times
- Full COVID protocols in place to protect all workers - registered COVIDSafe Business
- If you’re an Aussie, you’ll need to upload some ID – Passport, birth certificate etc.
- Not an Aussie? We’ll need a scanned copy of your proof of right to work documentation, and a copy of your passport.
- All these documents should be saved into the same file for attachment as the application form.
- If your application is successful you’ll need to go online and complete some documents for us before selecting your start date.
Ready to apply?
Submit your application then keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder). Applications will close on 10 October 2021.