Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, this role will be based at our Central QLD farm in Childers, about an hour from Bundaberg.
About the Role
The main focus of this role is the ongoing daily maintenance, repair and servicing of farm machinery, including welding fabrication, as required. You will be required to work across all Central QLD sites at Childers, Kumbia and Gunalda and may be required to undertake other roles in support of whole farm management from time to time.
In this role you will be responsible for: -
* Repairs, maintenance and servicing of small engines and farm machinery
* Welding fabrication as required
* Adhering to maintenance servicing schedules
* Communication with other departments regarding maintenance needs
* Adhering to deadlines and budgets
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role as well as:-
* Must have formal qualifications as a Diesel Mechanic
* Enjoy working as part of a team
* Have excellent communication and time management skills
* Possess the ability to assess and prioritise maintenance, repair and servicing needs
* Experience with small engine/diesel engine maintenance, fitting and hydraulic systems experience, irrigation system maintenance experience
* Welding skills
* Be mechanically-minded with strong problem-solving skills
* Willing to train other employees
* Be able to work in a semi-autonomous role with limited supervision
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW!
Job no: IFAM90243
Closing Date: Saturday, 5 October 2019