Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia. But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
The Farm Manager will lead and direct farm programs which will maximise the yield and quality potential of our citrus and avocado assets. This is a senior management role overseeing large-scale, modern properties within a corporate environment.
What you’ll be doing:
The Farm Manager will, in collaboration with agronomists and other support resources (Safety, Human Resources & Finance), ensure that day to day farming and production operations are executed in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner. Strategic seasonal planning of agronomic and labour programs is critical to this role.
- Implement agronomic programs and horticultural practices to optimise crop quality and yield.
- Lead and train staff on safety standards, performance objectives and respectful conduct.
- Manage water usage, fertigation and spray programs in accordance with crop demand.
- Ensure farms operate within a planned budget and proactively report variances or unexpected cost incursions.
- Maintain all farm assets and equipment in accordance with company standards.
- Annual coordination of harvest activities
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Degree or Diploma in Horticulture, Business Management or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in large scale horticulture or equivalent sector.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels.
- Knowledge of irrigation and nutrient management and pest & disease control methods.
- Facilities and equipment management.
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
We care for our people
People are the heart of Costa. Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.