Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
An ASX listed business, Costa is Australia’s leading horticultural company and the largest fresh produce supplier to major Australian food retailers. Costa has an expansive footprint of domestic and international farms and horticultural properties which grow, package and market premium fresh fruit and vegetables. Supplemented by produce sourced from a diverse network of third-party growers, Costa’s fresh produce categories include citrus, grape, berries, mushroom, avocado and tomatoes. Innovative agronomic practices and year-round production continue to drive Costa’s strong market growth.
Costa is seeking a Farm Hand to work at Colignan Farm, a 560-hectare multi-crop property located in Colignan Victoria (a 45-minute drive from Mildura) on an initial casual basis working a 38-hour week over a flexible roster. Out of hours work including night shift or weekend work may be required. The role of Farm Hand is hands on and suits people who enjoy working outdoors and are sufficiently fit to perform manual labour on a repetitive basis. Previous Farm Hand experience would be advantageous but candidates with high energy and the aptitude and desire to be a fast learner who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty will be considered. To be successful, you must be reliable and conscientious with a good work ethic and the ability to carry out instructions in a safe manner. Full Time hours are available for the right person subject to their demonstrated work ethic and commitment.
Duties include but not limited to
- Tractor operated sprayer to perform herbicide and fungicide duties and other tractor work.
- Basic service and maintenance of farm equipment.
- General farm labour.
- Willingness and flexibility to work night shifts or weekends when required.
Skills and experience
- Physically capable of performing repetitive manual labour and outdoor work.
- Must have AusChem certificate or be willing to obtain one.
- Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision.
- Experience operating tractors, forklift, truck or front-end loader is desirable.
- Own reliable transport and current Driver’s License is essential.
For more information please contact Andrew Johnson, Table Grape Manager on 0429 111 930.
An immediate start is available.