Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Farm Foreman - Lebrina
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.
But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Farm Foreman to join our Lebrina team in northern Tasmania on a permanent full time basis.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be responsible for assisting the farm manager to establish, manage and monitor the crop and production needs to ensure the highest possible yield & quality.
You will be responsible for the leadership and management of the farm maintenance and harvest activities on site and will be involved in planning and executing key farm activities.
- Manage day to day operations on farm
- Manage labour and equipment resources
- Encourage and support staff development
- Support the farm manager in day to day farm management and horticultural procedures
- Ensure efficient collaboration between relevant departments on farm including horticulture, operations and harvest
- Oversee the scheduling and implementing of nutrition and irrigation programs
- Monitoring, managing & understanding the crop & its needs.
- Take an active role in the management of pests and disease on farm
- Maintain machinery maintenance schedules on a preventative basis
- Ensure initiatives such as piece rate are implemented to ensure optimum productivity
- Adhere to financial requirements & schedules as directed by the farm manager with a specific focus on exceeding budget requirements and driving efficiencies.
- Managing staff and developing a motivated team with excellent culture
What you’ll bring to the role:
We’re looking for someone with…
- Minimum 2 years farm management/horticultural leadership experience
- Licence to perform high risk work
- Chemcert qualification
- Experience managing a crop and understanding its need
- Experience leading teams
- Experience with labour and resource planning
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- High level written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate will have accommodation provided on site by Costa Group.
Ready to apply?
Submit your application then keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder).