Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
East Devonport Pack Shed Supervisor
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.
But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
We're looking for an experienced Pack Shed Supervisor to join our team in northern Tasmania.
What you’ll be doing:
You'll be responsible for working the DC Manager to plan, structure and administer the packing of blueberries and strawberries in order to maximise product yield, quality and harvest margin.
About the Role:
The main focus of this role is to coordinate and manage all aspects of pack shed activity to ensure that blueberries and strawberries are packed on time and to the highest quality, with team members operating in a safe and productive manner. This includes;
- leading the pack shed team
- managing labour planning and requirements
- providing real time feedback to appropriate team members on pack line performance
- submitting and managing pack shed CAPEX requests for the pack shed
- preparing fruit for various dispatch methods (export, domestic fresh, MA)
- championing ongoing development and improvement of pack shed processes
- maintaining appropriate packaging supply levels
- accepting responsibility for pack shed financial performance
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a management role as well as:
- being self-motivated and enjoying working as part of a team,
- having excellent communication skills
- being able to demonstrate skills in planning of workload and people
- having experience of managing a budget
- understanding how to motivate teams and foster great performance levels
- having computer skills, including working with Microsoft packaged Excel, Word and PowerPoint to an intermediate level
- being available to work varied hours
Ready to apply?
Submit your application then keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder).