Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Distribution Centre Supervisor - Devonport, Tasmania
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
The Tasmania team are looking for an experienced leader of people to join in the role of DC Supervisor in their Distribution Centre (DC). Reporting to the DC Manager, the DC Supervisor is responsible for the everyday operations of the Distribution Centre. This includes but is not limited to, maintaining the cool chain in the DC, rostering staff and accurate record keeping. By working closely with the DC Manager and DC team members the DC Supervisor ensures KPI’s are met or exceeded.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Allocation of labour ensuring activities are completed in required time frames, at or below budget
- The efficient management of Cool chain processes whilst ensuring required regulatory and compliance conditions
- Monitoring and reporting on KPI’s
- Ensuring adequate staff levels to meet production requirements
- Ensuring loads are dispatched on time, in full and within required specification
- Training & supervision of staff
- Monitoring cleanliness of DC with all non-conformance addressed
- Scheduling movement of products to ensure even flow of product (avoid bottlenecks)
- Keeping accurate stock management records as per operational requirements
- Completing required quality assurance checks on product as per SOP and
- Ensuring stock is transported to the MA (Modified Atmosphere) room in a timely manner.
- Monitoring all MA reports results to realise the highest standards possible
- Communicating with Driscoll’s Sales teams and transport companies on daily requirements and forward planning.
- Traffic management within the DC – loading / unloading, separation of pedestrian and vehicles
- From time to time stepping up into higher duty roles
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role as well as:
- Diploma in Logistics or similar, or 3-5 years in warehousing. Experience in storage and dispatch in the FMCG industry highly regarded
- Understanding of cool room, warehouse and packing operations and efficiencies
- Understanding and basic use of SAP
- Forklift driver’s license
- Intermediate to advanced training in MS office desirable
- Management skills & Leadership ability
- Economic judgement – decision making
- Experience in logistics and warehousing
- Time Management skills
- Ability to listen & communicate effectively
- Ability to plan
- Reasonable computer literacy, specifically excel & word
- Strong problem solving abilities
- 6+months of forklift driving experience desirable
- Drivers license
Costa is seeking applicants who can demonstrate their behaviour in line with the Costa Values (https://costagroup.com.au/about-us/values/)
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the primary way that we will contact you.
Job no: GYAQ00487
Closing Date: Sunday, 23 August 2020