Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Assistant Nursery Manager
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and
vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own
farms or those of our partner growers.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to
some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we
grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer
with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
The Berry International team based in Corindi, NSW is looking for an experienced professional for the full time role of Assistant Nursery Manager in their Variety Improvement Program (VIP). This is a brand-new role which has been created to support succession planning within the department. Pending successful completion of a 12-month training program, the incumbent would progress to having oversight of the Corindi VIP nursery operations.
About the role:
Primary focus on learning the skills required to successfully run the nursery operations, including;
- Plant propagation
- Glasshouse operations (temperature, humidity and irrigation)
- Plant cycles (cuttings and seedlings)
- Potting plants
- Testing different media and water quality
- Logistics with planting trials and new blocks
- Manage the logistics of new growing area
- Implementation of new processes and recording
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a similar technical support role or nursery.
In addition, you should have;
- Experience in plant propagation and nursery management
- Willingness to learn to ensure successful handover of nursery management duties
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong attention to detail and a technical aptitude
- A focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Strong time management – efficient and able to meet deadlines
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions
- A current valid driver’s license
Costa is seeking applicants who can demonstrate their behaviour in line with the Costa Values (https://costagroup.com.au/about-us/values/)
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the primary way that we will contact you.