Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Warehousing Traineeships - Tomato Glasshouse
We are looking to employ enthusiastic school leavers and other people interested in undertaking further studies and training for a career in logistics and warehousing operations.
Selected trainees will be able to gain valuable work experience and earn money for 2 years while undertaking a Certificate III in Supply Chain Operations.
About Costa Traineeships
We support traineeships across our business, enabling trainees to receive on-the-job experience whilst attending specialist training with registered and accredited training organisations to achieve nationally recognised qualifications.
About Vertical Farming - Tomatoes
Our tomatoes are grown year round in one of Australia’s largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located in Guyra, NSW. A $70+ million expansion project is currently underway which will increase our production area by 33% and create an additional 150 jobs onsite.
Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.
What you will be doing:
You will be undertaking studies for a Certificate III in Supply Chain Operations while gaining experience working in our production areas. Work available includes:
These roles involve:
- Packing our tomatoes
- Working in a large indoor packing facility which may be cooled to 12 degrees
- Standing for 9.5 hours per shift, with breaks
- Repetitive low muscle load movement of hands, wrists, arms, elbows, shoulder, neck
- Shifts are mostly rostered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
These roles involve:
- General despatch duties including product scanning and labelling
- Loading / unloading trucks using forklift
- Operating palletising & strapping machinery/equipment
- General administration/record keeping
- Stock & Inventory control
Successful candidates must:
- Meet the citizen or residency eligibility requirements (see below).
- Have an interest in developing their knowledge of logistics and warehousing.
- Be committed to undertaking training and studies on and off the job.
- Be committed to working for the 2 year period of traineeship.
- Have access to reliable
transportto and from the work site.
- Be physically fit with the ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Work cooperatively and respectfully in a multicultural workforce
- Have a commitment to following instructions and abiding by safety, food safety, quality and hygiene rules.
Citizen or Residency eligibility requirements.
A person seeking to undertake an apprenticeship or traineeship in NSW, must meet one of the following citizenship or residency status eligibility requirements.
They must be:
- an Australian citizen; or
- a foreign national with permanent residency; or
- a New Zealand passport holder who has been resident in Australia for at least six months; or
- hold one of the visa sub classes on the attached Visa Information for Apprenticeships and Traineeships List.
Hours of Work:
Most roles are rostered for 38 hours week plus reasonable additional hours as required.
Hours will vary according to department and role, most shifts are rostered Monday - Friday.
Current commencement pay rate: $20.06 per hour (Level 1)
Grow your Career:
These entry level traineeships positions are a great starting point for a variety of opportunities in our team. Learn the basics before progressing to team leader or supervisory positions, or branching out into other departments or specialists functions such as maintenance, plant health, quality control, despatch, agronomy, supply and administration.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org