Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, this hands-on role is responsible for partnering with the business at a senior level to develop, drive and monitor the WHS systems and practices that are aligned with the Costa Pillars of Safety. You will also contribute to the overall commercial management of the category via participation in the Tomato Category leadership team.
Provide coaching and leadership that encourages our leaders and WHS representatives to create a continuous improvement culture and
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a professional WHS role;
- A comprehensive working knowledge of WHS legislation;
- The ability to think strategically, work collaboratively in a fast paced business environment and drive positive change and improvement across health and safety governance.
- A flexible and dynamic approach to health and safety implementation with the ability to develop and integrate practical solutions in alignment with operational requirements.
- Experience in our key risk areas (Plant & Equipment; Chemicals; Manual Handling)
- Demonstrate integrity and exceptional commitment to confidentiality and sensitivity
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Have an understanding and respect for differing cultural and social needs
- Minimum - Diploma in Workplace Health and Safety (or equivalent) or tertiary education in safety.
- Lead Auditor Qualified (WHS Management Systems)
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. From this market leading position, we work incredibly hard to keep improving the quality of our produce and the service we deliver to our consumers.
With over 60 farms across Australia, our produce categories include:
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit)
Our produce is supplied to all major Australian supermarket chains, as well as independent grocers and a range of food industry stakeholders. We also export to Asia, North America and Europe.
Costa is committed to sustainable agriculture. Not only is it a key strategy for maximising our profitability, it’s also crucial to ensuring that our country’s natural resources are utilised in both an environmentally responsible and efficient manner. By taking this approach, Costa grows products which are healthy, safe and of the highest quality, while at the same time protecting and improving the natural environment.
About the Tomato Category
Our tomatoes are grown 365 days per year in one of Australia’s largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located at Guyra, in the beautiful New England Tablelands region of NSW.
To accommodate our continued business growth, $70+ million expansion project is underway, increasing our production area by 33% and creating an additional 150 jobs onsite. This expansion project will bring our onsite operation to 40ha of glasshouse, 2.5ha propagation nursery, 2 large packing facilities and over 800 staff.
Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.
For further information, please contact Tabitha Collins (HR Manager) e: Tabitha.email@example.com m:0438 989 508 or Peter Davis (Operations Manager) e: Peter.firstname.lastname@example.org m:0401 326 693.
Job no: TXS018
Closing Date: Immediate start available