Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
WHS Business Partner
About the Role
The WHS Business Partner is responsible for providing leadership
and working collaboratively with senior
leaders and other stakeholders to support, develop, drive and monitor WHS
strategies, systems and practices to ensure the health safety
and wellbeing of all people on site. This includes responsibility for providing
a timely response to workplace injuries,
A key focus for the role is developing the capability of leaders to identify and manage WHS risks in their operations and reinforcing their accountability for WHS. A key challenge for the role is operating is an dynamic working production environment.
As a leadership role the WHS Business partner works to support broader cultural change in the workplace aligned to Costa Values and our culture of care.
You are an experienced WHS professional or recent graduate who has:
- A comprehensive knowledge of relevant WHS legislation, Codes of Practice and Standards relevant to the role.
- Strong leadership skills including the demonstration of positive influencing skills and change management experience.
- Demonstrate integrity and exceptional commitment to confidentiality and sensitivity
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- An understanding and respect for differing cultural and social needs
- An outcome focus.
- Demonstrated resilience, positivity and perseverance
- A constructive approach to problem solving
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience within a WHS role
- A minimum – Certificate IV workplace health and safety (or equivalent)
- A commitment to Costa
values and our culture of care.
A certificate IV in Training and Assessment advantageous and Return to work Coordinator qualification are advantageous.
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. From this market leading position, we work incredibly hard to keep improving the quality of our produce and the service we deliver to our consumers.
With over 60 farms across Australia, our produce categories include:
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit)
Our produce is supplied to all major Australian supermarket chains, as well as independent grocers and a range of food industry stakeholders. We also export to Asia, North America and Europe.
Costa is committed to sustainable agriculture. Not only is it a key strategy for maximising our profitability, it’s also crucial to ensuring that our country’s natural resources are utilised in both an environmentally responsible and efficient manner. By taking this approach, Costa grows products which are healthy, safe and of the highest quality, while at the same time protecting and improving the natural environment.
About the Tomato Category
Our tomatoes are grown 365 days per year in one of Australia’s largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located at Guyra, in the beautiful New England Tablelands region of NSW.
To accommodate our continued business growth, $70+ million expansion project is underway, increasing our production area by 33% and creating an additional 150 jobs onsite. This expansion project will bring our onsite operation to 40ha of glasshouse, 2.5ha propagation nursery, 2 large packing facilities and over 800 staff.
Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.
For further information, please contact Brett Ryan (HR Manager) e: firstname.lastname@example.org m:0497 012399.