Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
WHS Business Partner
Costa is an ASX listed Company that manages and operates multiple farms and horticultural properties throughout the country, growing an extensive range of produce in more than 30 rural and regional communities across Australia. Through its supply chain, Costa now delivers fresh produce throughout Australia. Costa is proud to be synonymous with quality fresh fruit and vegetables throughout Australia – and, increasingly, at an international level via our valued partnerships and international initiatives. Costa is on a mission to celebrate well grown while setting the standard in sustainable commercial farming and has an opportunity for an experienced or emerging Work Health and Safety professional to join its Sunraysia operations that operate out of Colignan, Victoria and includes sites in the neighbouring Euston, Trentham, Curlwaa and Mildura districts.
Reporting to the Sunraysia Regional HR Manager, you will apply exemplary communication and proactive relationship building skills to engage with key stakeholders across multiple sites including farms and pack house operations to drive a culture of continuous improvement across workplace health, safety and wellbeing.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Partner with, and coach, leaders and managers in understanding and achieving their responsibilities in the effective implementation of the WHS Strategic Plan and Key Safety Performance Indicators.
- Provide leadership and advice that encourages leaders, WHS Committees and Health & Safety Representatives to create a continuous improvement culture and implement best practice management systems in their workplaces.
- Support leaders in monitoring, analyzing and investigating reported injuries, incidents, and near misses and ensuring appropriate corrective actions are taken in consultation with the Operations Manager and other Key Stakeholders to minimize risk.
- Analyse safety metrics and produce related reports for management's review to minimize risk.
- Support site safety training in conjunction with the business unit requirements. Conduct site safety inductions and be involved more broadly in on-boarding processes with a diverse seasonal work force that includes workers from the Pacific Islands.
- Manage Return to Work processes and obligations.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Demonstrated ability to provide expertise, coaching and advice across a wide variety of WHS and wellbeing matters, preferably as a WHS Business Partner.
- Knowledge of WHS legislation, regulations and best practice.
- Strong customer focus and ability to build robust relationships at all levels of the business.
- Experience with facilitation and presentation.
- High levels of flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Return to Work experience in either Victorian or NSW State jurisdictions.
While it is desirable that candidates do have relevant WHS experience, recent graduates with relevant qualifications are also encouraged to apply.
Holding a current driver’s license is a requirement for the position.
Ideally you will be drawn to a business where people truly are at heart. If this sounds like you, please APPLY NOW.