Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Tumbarumba - Harvest Supervisors & Assistants
Costa is Australia's leading grower, packer, and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
About the role:
We are currently looking for Harvest Supervisors & Assistants to join our harvest team from December to January (8 weeks) in Tumbarumba, New South Wales. In return for your commitment to the role, you will receive.
- Values based organisation – Costa has culture of CARE
- Provide leadership to create a high performing team
- Further training and career opportunities – we have many examples of people who have moved their way through different roles in our business
- Make new friends, learn new skills, learn about new cultures. Costa is a diverse organisation and we have people from all walks of life
- Potential for ongoing work in the off-harvest season
- Get outdoors and contribute to helping feeding families all around Australia
- Full safety induction
- COVID protocols in place to protect all workers - registered COVID Safe Business
- Potential for year round work - as Costa Berry Category also has farms in Far North Queensland, New South Wales, Tasmania and Western Australia,there is the potential for you to follow the 'Harvest Trail' around the country, earning money as you travel!
- All Costa Berry sites are regional for Working Holiday 2nd and 3rd Year Visa's
- Weekly pay by bank transfer, all payslips are issued via email
What You Will Be Doing
- Be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of the crew – this is a priority for Costa and we are looking for people who place the same importance on this topic as we do.
- Provided the tools to ensure that the crews are supported, and given what they need to perform well – you are in a key position to ensure the success of your crew, and it will be your responsibility to ensure the crew has everything they need to perform well, from guiding and directing the team throughout the day, to working with the farm logistics team to allow smooth and efficient harvesting.
- Manage the performance of individuals within the crew – this will require you to take the time to know everyone in your crew, understand their strengths, know how to motivate them and be able to provide them with information and coaching to improve.
- Provide performance information to the management team – you will be required to report back to the management team on a daily basis about the performance of your crew compared to the KPI’s.
Required skills and experience
- Clear, open and honest communication
- Well-developed organisation skills
- Confidence to lead, influence and motivate team members to achieve KPI’s
- Approachable and respectful qualities, and the ability to build relationships with your team
- Commitment to identifying areas of improvement in processes
- You have your own vehicle and driver’s licence
Once you have submitted your application, please keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the primary way that we will contact you.