Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Tomato Glasshouse Plant Health/QA Officer
We are currently seeking a Glasshouse Plant Health/QA Officer to join our team at the New England Site.
The engagement of this position is on a fulltime basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Crop registration
- Crop work QA
- Trial data collection and reporting
- Assisting with pest scouting
- General administration support, including reporting/record keeping for Growers
The successful candidate will possess:
- Experience in the operational areas of the Glasshouse
- MS Excel skills – intermediate to advanced level (reporting, graphing)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent initiative and the ability to work autonomously
- Good knowledge of crop pests, disease & quality issues
- Qualifications/an interest in science/agronomy highly regarded
- A strong focus and commitment to Occupational Health and Safety
- Excellent attendance record
The position is aligned to the Costa EBA L3.2 – L4.2
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. From this market leading position, we work incredibly hard to keep improving the quality of our produce and the service we deliver to our consumers. With over 60 farms across Australia, our produce includes:
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit)
By taking this approach, Costa grows products which are healthy, safe and of the highest quality, while at the same time protecting and improving the natural environment.
About the Tomato Category:
Costa supplies tomatoes 365 days a year under the Blush brand and private label brands, including our Perino range and Cocktail truss in Coles, Sweet Berry truss and Cocktail truss in Woolworths and our Bellino range and Cocktail truss in ALDI.
Our tomatoes are grown in one of Australia’s largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located in the New South Wales town of Guyra. An 18 month, $67 million expansion project commences late 2018 which will increase our production area by 33% and create an additional 150 jobs onsite.
Our products are also grown in South Australia, Tasmania, Queensland and Western Australia through our grower partners.
Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.
For further information, please contact Tal Kanety m:0431 659 349