Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Supervisor/Assistant Supervisor - FNQ - Berry Category
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
What you will be doing
Our harvest operation is made up of multiple harvest crews picking the best quality fruit across our farm - at the core, harvest management strive to support, coach and mentor all supervisor staff in developing an exciting and dynamic working environment. In the role of Team Supervisor you will be responsible for a crew of pickers, supporting them to achieve their highest possible standard of performance and hold a valuable and respected position in the organisation.
Our harvest crews are diverse, with Costa employing people from over 70 nationalities and multiple cultural backgrounds which leads to energetic teams working within a beautiful environment. We have supervisor and assistant supervisor roles available which we will encourage your ability to inspire, coach and lead to ensure that the crew is able to reach their full potential whilst sharing in their success and enjoying each working day.
In addition, you will;
- Be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of the crew – this is a priority for Costa and we are looking for people who place the same importance on this topic as we do.
- Be provided with the tools to ensure that the crew are able to be supported, and given what they need to perform well – you are in a key position to ensure the success of your crew, and it will be your responsibility to ensure the crew has everything they need to perform well, from guiding and directing the team throughout the day, to working with the farm logistics team to allow smooth and efficient harvesting.
- Manage the performance of individuals within the crew – this will require you to take the time to know everyone in your crew, understand their strengths, know how to motivate them and be able to provide them with information and coaching to improve.
- Provide performance information to the management team – you will be required to report back to the management team on a daily basis about the performance of your crew compared to the KPI’s.
What we would like to see from you
A background in horticulture or farming would be an advantage for this role, however it is not essential. We are looking for people who have a passion for supporting a team to succeed, and who are willing and able to bring their energy and personality to work to promote a positive and high achieving culture.
In addition, you will need to have;
- Clear, open and honest communication
- Well-developed organisation skills
- Confidence to lead, influence and motivate team members to achieve KPI’s
- Approachable and respectful qualities, and the ability to build relationships with your team
- Commitment to identifying areas of improvement in processes
What you get in return
This is a casual position, however those that are able to contribute positively to the team may have the opportunity to move to other roles on the farm as Costa continues to grow and expand its operations at the end of the busy season.
At Costa you will receive support and training to be successful in your role. We offer a competitive pay rate, as well as access to RDO’s for casual employees.
There will also be opportunities to transfer to Corindi, Tasmania or Tumbarumba for those who perform well at the end of the season. This will enable work to continue into early 2023.
The next step in the recruitment process will involve a face to face group interview. We will contact you if you are successful in reaching this step.
If this sounds like a role where you could perform well, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you.