Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Supply Chain and Logistics Traineeship Guyra NSW
We are looking to employ an enthusiastic local school leaver who wants to kick start their career and undertake studies in logistics and supply chain operations.
The successful candidate will be able to gain valuable experience and earn money working for Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
What you will be doing:
You will be undertaking studies for a Certificate III in Supply Chain Operations while gaining experience working in our Supply team. This is a great stepping-stone to a career in Supply and Logistics operations. You will also be part of a National business.
The Successful candidate must:
- Meet the citizen or residency eligibility requirements (see below).
- Have an interest in developing their knowledge of logistics and supply chain operations.
- Be committed to undertaking training and studies on and off the job.
- Be committed to working for the 2 year period of traineeship.
- Have access to reliable transport to and from the work site.
- Be physically fit with the ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Work cooperatively and respectfully in a multicultural workforce
- Have a commitment to following instructions and abiding by safety, food safety, quality and hygiene rules.
Citizen or Residency eligibility requirements.
A person seeking to undertake an apprenticeship or traineeship in NSW, must meet one of the following citizenship or residency status eligibility requirements.
They must be:
- an Australian citizen; or
- a foreign national with permanent residency; or
- a New Zealand passport holder who has been resident in Australia for at least six months; or
- hold one of the specified visa sub classes https://www.nsw.gov.au/education-and-training/resources/visa-info-apprentices-trainees
Hours of Work:
Most roles are rostered for 38 hours week.
Hours will vary according to department and role, most shifts are rostered Monday - Friday.
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. From this market leading position, we work incredibly hard to keep improving the quality of our produce and the service we deliver to our consumers.
With over 60 farms across Australia, our produce categories include:
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit)
Our produce is supplied to all major Australian supermarket chains, as well as independent grocers and a range of food industry stakeholders. We also export to Asia, North America and Europe.
Costa is committed to sustainable agriculture. Not only is it a key strategy for maximising our profitability, it’s also crucial to ensuring that our country’s natural resources are utilised in both an environmentally responsible and efficient manner. By taking this approach, Costa grows products which are healthy, safe and of the highest quality, while at the same time protecting and improving the natural environment.
About the Tomato Category
Our tomatoes are grown 365 days per year in one of Australia’s largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located at Guyra, in the beautiful New England Tablelands region of NSW.
To accommodate our continued business growth, $70+ million expansion project was recently completed, increasing our production area by 33% and creating an additional 150 jobs onsite. This expansion project brought our onsite operation to 40ha of glasshouse, 2.5ha propagation nursery, 2 large packing facilities and over 800 staff.
Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.
For further information please contact Brett Ryan, m: 0497 012 399 e: email@example.com,au .