Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Riverland Harvest Coordinator
Riverland Harvest Coordinator
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia. But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Costa has an exciting opportunity for a strongly self-driven and highly organised leader to manage and continuously improve the Riverland’s entire harvest supply chain including data analysis of citrus crop volumes, labour deployment and payment, picker productivity, bin/equipment supply to farms and coordination of trucking operations to ensure the timely delivery of harvested citrus fruit to packing sheds.
What you’ll be doing:
Working closely with the Regional Operations Manager and reporting to the Citrus Packing Operations Manager, the Harvest Coordinator will drive technology solutions to improve crop specific volume forecasting, harvest scheduling, equipment stock take, transportation scheduling and fruit quality compliance. The Harvest Coordinator will also oversee inspections of grower orchards to ensure compliance with farm practice, pest control and fruit quality standards to meet packing shed and export market requirements.
Duties include but not limited to
- Auditing farm records (e.g. spray diaries and pest monitoring records) and arranging samples for early season maturity testing and whenever fruit ripeness is uncertain to advise relevant harvest staff and growers of results.
- Estimating and coordinating crop volumes with marketing, packing and farm harvest staff.
- Proactively communicating with Costa and Contractor harvest supervisors to align labour deployment and movements to scheduled daily/weekly fruit picking volume within required notification periods.
- Ensuring sufficient citrus bin supply to all farms and monitoring bin movements to alleviate shortages where most needed to eliminate disruptions to trucking operations transporting harvested fruit from farms to packing sheds.
- Informing the systematic collation and analysis of harvest data to monitor picker productivity, piece rate validity and performance/training requirements.
- Analysing harvest quality reports from QC inspections and managing product defects reported by packing sheds.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Citrus fruit knowledge and experience coordinating harvest operations is preferred.
- Advanced organisation and planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level stakeholder management skills.
- Flexibility to work variable hours to meet highly dynamic harvest and market requirements.
We care for our people
People are the heart of Costa. Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
Ready to apply?
For more information please contact Michael Trussell, Citrus Packing Operations Manager on 0427 813 502. Please note that applications may be shortlisted and interviewed before closing date of Friday 8th March.