Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Quality Assurance Champion - Gingin
Costa Pty Ltd Berry Category is Australia's largest berry producer with multiple sites located across Australia. Costa grows and markets blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries.
Costa's berry category is proudly at the forefront of genetic and growing innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we're committed to sustainable production and growing.
The Gingin team are looking for a Quality Assurance Champion who will champion the operation of the Quality function for productions and drive a positive Quality Culture.
About the Role:
The main focus of this QA Champion is to communicate, guide, and support the post-harvest team to enhance quality and resolve quality issues. You will work in a role of guidance for the packing team alongside the Pack Shed Supervisor to ensure the quality and safety of the fruit is at a high standard. The role is based predominately in the packing facility which is temperature controlled and remains at an optimum cool range for shelf life longevity.
You’ll be responsible for working with the Quality Manager to maximise production yield and quality margins but also be audit ready. This role includes.
- Product Quality; Understanding of product defects and the effects on quality scores.
- Keep shelf life monitoring for fresh and frozen up to date and report findings
- Develop knowledge of retail customer specifications and how they are integrated into the Driscoll’s program
- Maintain and support Quality documentation; keep documentation systems up to date for fresh fruit inspections and shelf life records
- Able to retrieve data and analysis
- Report incidents and audit findings in Costa Aware
- Identify changes that may be needed to maintain compliance with food standards andcommunicate recommendations to the Quality Manager.
- Knowledge and retrieval of Quality documents in SharePoint system
- Food Safety Standards: Develop understanding of certified GSFI standards that the site currently uses: Freshcare. HARPS and HACCP
- With competency you will play a key part in ensuring new staff introduced to the production area are trained in basic Quality requirements
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a management role as well as:
- Enthusiasm in driving quality culture within the business
- Experience or training in a previous QA, HACCP production role
- Experience with internal auditing desired
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis, Food Labelling and Legislation
- Understanding of FS&Q system, its daily operation, and the effects that external participants have on it.
- Understanding of quality systems, Caramba & SharePoint administration; desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, computer skills and report writing
- Strong attention to detail
What’s In It For Me? – We understand you spend most of your time at work, so the team at Costa want it to be fun and fulfilling!
We have a number of benefits on offer including:
- Values based organisation – Costa has a culture of CARE
- Further training and career opportunities – we have many examples of people who have moved their way through different roles in our business
- Make new friends, learn new skills, learn about new cultures. Costa is a diverse organisation - we have people from all walks of life
- A full safety induction is provided for all roles
- Work health and safety always managed as a priority on site with qualified and experienced First Aiders available
- Full COVID protocols in place to protect all workers - registered COVID Safe Business Gingin
- The opportunity to be involved in the supply chain from farms to tables all around Australia
We care for our people:
People are the heart of Costa. Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
Ready to apply?
Submit your application then keep an eye on your emails (including your