Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Packing Quality Officer- Guyra NSW
We are seeking a reliable local person who is interested in contributing to the ongoing success of one of the region's biggest employers growing and packing glasshouse grown tomatoes.
About the job
In this role you will be working in our quality team helping to ensure the tomatoes we pack are meeting the requirements of our customers. The duties include:
- Inspecting tomatoes and packaging against quality standards.
- Recording information on checks accurately.
- Helping other team members to meet quality requirements.
- Investigating issues with fruit or packaging quality.
- Working overtime as required, including participation in the weekend roster in peak season.
You are a keen and reliable person who possesses:
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to make accurate records.
- Good communication skills and you can communicate important information quickly and respectfully.
- A versatile attitude, with the ability and willingness to assist with other activities.
- Computer skills.
- The ability to be on your feet for long periods.
- The ability and willingness to work overtime as required to support packing operations.
- Respect for all people and you enjoy working in a multi cultural work setting.
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. From this market leading position, we work incredibly hard to keep improving the quality of our produce and the service we deliver to our consumers.
With over 60 farms across Australia, our produce categories include:
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit)
Our produce is supplied to all major Australian supermarket chains, as well as independent grocers and a range of food industry stakeholders. We also export to Asia, North America and Europe.
Costa is committed to sustainable agriculture. Not only is it a key strategy for maximising our profitability, it’s also crucial to ensuring that our country’s natural resources are utilised in both an environmentally responsible and efficient manner. By taking this approach, Costa grows products which are healthy, safe and of the highest quality, while at the same time protecting and improving the natural environment.
About the Tomato Category
To accommodate our continued business growth, a $67 million expansion project is underway, increasing our production area by 33% and creating an additional 150 jobs onsite. This expansion project will bring our onsite operation to 40ha of glasshouse, 2.5ha propagation nursery, 2 large packing facilities and over 800 staff.
Our tomatoes are grown 365 days per year in one of Australia’s largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located in Guyra, in the beautiful New England Tablelands region of NSW. Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.
For further information please contact
Daniel McGinty - Quality & Systems Coordinator - Vertical Farming
m: 0438 417 610e: email@example.com