Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
An ASX listed business, Costa is Australia’s leading horticultural company and the largest fresh produce supplier to major Australian food retailers. Costa has an expansive footprint of domestic and international farms and horticultural properties which grow, package and market premium fresh fruit and vegetables. Supplemented by produce sourced from a diverse network of third-party growers, Costa’s fresh produce categories include citrus, grape, berries, mushroom, avocado and tomatoes. Innovative agronomic practices and year-round production continue to drive Costa’s strong market growth.
Due to Costa’s recent acquisition of Murray River Organics’ 113 hectares of citrus and wine grape operations in Nangiloc Victoria nearby Costa’s 560 hectares of citrus and wine & table grape in Colignan Victoria (a 45-minute drive from Mildura), an exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Management Accountant to join Costa. Based at Colignan Farm, the Management Accountant will oversee the financial management and budget processes of Costa’s Colignan and Nangiloc properties and any further acquisitions in the wider Sunraysia region. The successful incumbent will be supported by a Finance & Administration Team also based at Colignan Farm. Reporting to the Category Finance Manager located in Costa’s Head Office (Ravenhall) the Management Accountant will support the Sunraysia Regional Farming Manager and work collaboratively with a team of Management Accountants based in various metropolitan and regional locations and farms throughout Victoria and South Australia. To be successful in this role, a high level of personal autonomy and flexibility is essential as is a collaborative work style to counter the challenges of working in a geographically dispersed team.
Key responsibilities include:
- End to end budgeting, planning and forecasting process generating timely, accurate and quality financial information and results.
- Identifying and analysing trends relating to key business drivers, including in-depth analysis into the cost base, of the Citrus & Grape Category to improve operational efficiencies and assist business decisions.
- Monthly and weekly preparation of financial results such as the tracking of expected income, costs and sales/prices utilising corporate reporting scorecards and KPI reports.
- Preparation of annual budget templates including liaising with operational managers for required inputs and providing comparisons to previous year actual results to validate budget assumptions.
- Liaise with management and key stakeholders to continually improve accounting and reporting processes to achieve business objectives and ensure timely resolution of issues as they arise.
- Coordinate the collation and analysis of key farming activities such as asset leases, water and electricity usage, harvest activities by variety level and stocktakes.
- Management of two direct reports.
To be successful:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position of responsibility.
- Accredited qualification in Accounting/Finance, Business Management or a related field.
- CPA/CA certification.
- Be a genuine team player within a multi-site Finance Team.
- Agility and responsiveness working in a year-round farming business.
- Critical analytical and reasoning skills.
- Willingness and flexibility to
travel between sites as needed.
The remuneration package on offer consists of a competitive salary commensurate with the successful applicant’s experience and qualifications. For more information including a Position Description please contact Kyung Kim Boo, Regional HR Manager on 0418 830 492.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.