Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites, and invest in ongoing research and development.
All the products we grow, and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed, and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and motivated person to join our team in the Costa Berry category.
About the opportunity to join us:
- Carry out preventative maintenance following a schedule.
- Diagnose and repair various equipment.
- Operate and conduct maintenance of generators and report major failures to the workshop.
- Repair irrigation system pumps, pipework, fittings.
- Knowledge of maintaining filtration systems.
- Liaise with contractors to carry out fault finding and repair work.
- Understand and repair low voltage electrical faults in automated Irrigation systems.
- Check and maintain solar systems.
- Physically capable and available to work outside of normal working hours during emergencies.
- Driver’s license.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Diagnostic abilities and mechanically minded.
- Low voltage electrical experience with the ability to use a multi-meter.
- Ability to operate pump systems and diesel generators.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or as part of a team.
- Previous experience in a similar role or trade qualifications preferred, Mechanical or Electrical experience is desirable.
What we offer:
- All Costa Berries sites are classed as regional for Working Holiday 2nd and 3rd year visas.
- Access to clean toilets, drinking water and free on-site car parking.
- Full-Training provided for all tasks creating work flexibility and consistency.
- Celebrate Cultural Days (Occasional BBQ's and Free Drinks)
- Paid in line with the Costa Berries Enterprise Agreement
- Free Access to an Employee Assistant Program
- Opportunities for Learning, Development, and progression
- Make new friends, learn new skills, learn about new cultures. Costa is a diverse organisation - we have people from all walks of life.
- Values based organisation – Costa has culture of CARE.
How Will You Get Paid?
- You will be paid an hourly rate in accordance with the role you will be undertaking.
- Your hourly rate will be determined by the Costa Berries Enterprise Agreement with pay rates higher than the Horticulture Award
- Weekly pay every Wednesday by Bank transfer
- Payslips are emailed at the same time to your nominated email address.
- Superannuation is paid in line with legislation.
Check out “Costa Well Grown” at https://vimeo.com/333655457
If you are interested in joining us, please submit your application. There will be a merit-based recruitment process for all applications.
To submit your application, you will need the following:
- A copy of your passport or Australian birth certificate with photo ID.
After you have submitted your application keep your eye on your emails - that is how we will contact you about the progress of your application. Once we have assessed your suitability for the role, if you are successful, you will be issues documents for completion online prior to being invited to select a start date for work.