Refer a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Maintenance Employee - Tomatoes
We are currently seeking an experienced and reliable maintenance worker's to join our team in Guyra, NSW on a fulltime basis. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this role is responsible for ensuring plant and equipment is maintained in a safe and operational condition, in accordance with safety, quality, operational and manufacturers requirements.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Operating, repairing, servicing and modifying specialised Glasshouse and Packhouse plant, equipment and infrastructure in accordance with manufacturer’s requirements and SOPs;
- Operating gas and coal boilers;
- Completing start-up and checks of machinery prior to production each day;
- Completing modifications to equipment to meet production needs;
- Ensuring all buildings are modifications/maintained to a high standard and in compliance with all safety/quality requirements;
- Repairing broken/damaged glass in glasshouse;
- Participating in risk assessments, safety/quality walks, checks/audits/ inspections as required.
- Completing relevant documentation/reports for each job, including Risk Assessment & Work Orders.
- Relevant trade qualification or equivalent skills and experience (e.g. electrical, plumbing, fitter/turner, boiler maker) highly regarded
- Experience with gas or coal boilers highly regarded
- A strong commitment to safety and quality
- Good general literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a positive “team” attitude
- Confined spaces, Working at heights, Chemical Certification & Forklift licence highly regarded
- Ability and willingness to participate in a night shift roster on a rotational basis during winter period
About CostaCosta is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. From this market leading position, we work incredibly hard to keep improving the quality of our produce and the service we deliver to our consumers.
With over 60 farms across Australia, our produce categories include:
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit)
Costa is committed to sustainable agriculture. Not only is it a key strategy for maximising our profitability, it’s also crucial to ensuring that our country’s natural resources are utilised in both an environmentally responsible and efficient manner. By taking this approach, Costa grows products which are healthy, safe and of the highest quality, while at the same time protecting and improving the natural environment.
About the Tomato CategoryTo accommodate our continued business growth, a $67 million expansion project is underway, increasing our production area by 33% and creating an additional 150 jobs onsite. This expansion project will bring our onsite operation to 40ha of glasshouse, 2.5ha propagation nursery, 2 large packing facilities and over 800 staff.
Our tomatoes are grown 365 days per year in one of Australia’s largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located in Guyra, in the beautiful New England Tablelands region of NSW. Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.