Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Maintenance Employee (Metal Fabricator/Boiler Maker) - Guyra NSW
We are currently seeking an experienced metal fabricator/boiler maker to join our fantastic maintenance team team supporting tomato glasshouse and pack house operations in Guyra, NSW on a fulltime basis.
About the role:
In this role you will work as a part of multi-skilled team that ensures glasshouse/packhouse plant, equipment and infrastructure is maintained in a safe and functional condition to meet operational requirements. This is a multiskilled role and the employee needs to develop and maintain the capability to operate, repair, service and modify specialized glasshouse and packhouse plant, equipment and infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operating, repairing, servicing and modifying specialised Glasshouse and Packhouse plant, equipment and infrastructure in accordance with manufacturer’s requirements and SOPs;
- Operating gas and coal boilers;
- Completing start-up and checks of machinery prior to production each day;
- Completing modifications to equipment to meet production needs;
- Ensuring all buildings are modifications/maintained to a high standard and in compliance with all safety/quality requirements;
- Repairing broken/damaged glass in glasshouse;
- Participating in risk assessments, safety/quality walks, checks/audits/ inspections as required.
- Completing relevant documentation/reports for each job, including Risk Assessment & Work Orders.
To be successful in this position you will require the following skills/experience;
- Relevant trade qualification and experience (metal fabrication/boilermaker)
- Proven ability to commit to working positively, constructively and effectively in a team environment.
- The ability to relate well to others, including the ability to work in a respectful and collaborative manner.
- Experience with gas/coal boilers.
- Relevant qualifications/licenses including Forklift, Chem Cert, Working at heights and confined spaces.
- A commitment to ongoing professional and personal development.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and quality, including the ability to follow standard procedures.
- Physical fitness with the ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time and work in restricted spaces.
- Good general literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
- A commitment to working cooperatively and respectfully in a multicultural workforce.
- A willingness to work outside normal hours, including working night shifts if required.
- Promote and demonstrate the Costa Values of Passion, Determination, Accountability, Sincerity and Respect, and be prepared to stand behind these values.
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. From this market leading position, we work incredibly hard to keep improving the quality of our produce and the service we deliver to our consumers.
With over 60 farms across Australia, our produce categories include:
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit)
Our produce is supplied to all major Australian supermarket chains, as well as independent grocers and a range of food industry stakeholders. We also export to Asia, North America and Europe.
Costa is committed to sustainable agriculture. Not only is it a key strategy for maximising our profitability, it’s also crucial to ensuring that our country’s natural resources are utilised in both an environmentally responsible and efficient manner. By taking this approach, Costa grows products which are healthy, safe and of the highest quality, while at the same time protecting and improving the natural environment.
About the Tomato Category
To accommodate our continued business growth, a $67 million expansion project is underway, increasing our production area by 33% and creating an additional 150 jobs onsite. This expansion project will bring our onsite operation to 40ha of glasshouse, 2.5ha propagation nursery, 2 large packing facilities and over 800 staff.
Our tomatoes are grown 365 days per year in one of Australia’s largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located in Guyra, in the beautiful New England Tablelands region of NSW. Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact
Joseph Mills, Maintenance Manager- Vertical Farming
PH: 0435 690 595