Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Irrigator - FNQ
Costa Pty Ltd Berry Category is Australia's largest berry producer with multiple sites located across Australia. Costa is a world leader in blueberry varietal improvement and grows approximately 45% of Australia's total blueberry supply.
Costa's berry category is proudly at the forefront of genetic and growing innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we're committed to sustainable production and growing.
Irrigators are responsible for the operation of irrigation systems in substrate-grown berry blocks. This role combines operation and maintenance of fertiliser mixing, irrigation control systems and irrigation lines with regular monitoring of plant water use and plant health.
About the roles
We are currently seeking an Irrigator to assist with multiple tasks across our farm in Far North Queensland. A strong ability to work autonomously is required for this role in order to keep our operations running smoothly. The roles will involve the following work activities:
- Monitor plant water use and manage irrigation scheduling to meet targets.
- Ensure optimal operation of irrigation systems.
- Batch mix fertiliser in accordance with horticultural guidelines.
- Manage fertiliser stocks, lifting and moving fertiliser bags,
- Maintain fertiliser mixing and dosing equipment.
- Scout blocks for irrigation and plant health issues; spot fix and report major issues to the Irrigation Manager and/or horticulture team
- Carry out preventative maintenance following a schedule.
- Repair irrigation system pumps, pipework, fittings.
- Clean filters, repair, maintain filter sets.
To be successful in this role you will;
- Be capable of undertaking a moderate level of physical activity, regular walking, lifting (25Kg fertiliser bags), bending, and reaching.
- A willingness to work outside, have excellent attendance and attitude.
- Willingness to work on a regular roster (including weekend work)
- A background in Agricultural/horticultural experience is desired but not essential
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously and follow direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Current drivers license
We have a number of benefits on offer including:
- Regular shifts on offer
- Values based organisation – Costa has culture of CARE
- All Costa Berries sites are classed as regional for Working Holiday 2nd and 3rd year visas
- Potential for ongoing work in the off-harvest season – we like to retain great workers
- Further training and career opportunities – we have many examples of people who have moved their way through different roles in our business
- Make new friends, learn new skills, learn about new cultures. Costa is a diverse organisation - we have people from all walks of life
- A full safety induction is provided for all roles
- Work health and safety always managed as a priority on site with qualified and experienced First Aiders available
- Full COVID protocols in place to protect all workers - registered COVID Safe Business QLD
- The opportunity to be involved in the supply chain from farms to tables all around Australia
Costa prides itself on the diverse nature of its employees and welcomes applications from anyone who is interested in working for a large organisation at the forefront of growing innovation.
Once you have submitted your application, please
keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder) as that is the
primary way that we will contact you.