Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Irrigator - Corindi
Costa Pty Ltd Berry Category is Australia's largest berry producer with multiple sites located across Australia. Costa is a world leader in blueberry varietal improvement and grows approximately 45% of Australia's total blueberry supply.
Costa's berry category is proudly at the forefront of genetic and growing innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we're committed to sustainable production and growing.
Irrigators are responsible for the operation of irrigation systems in substrate-grown berry blocks. This role combines operation and maintenance of fertiliser mixing, irrigation control systems and irrigation lines with regular monitoring of plant water use and plant health.
About the roles
We are currently seeking an Irrigator to assist with multiple tasks across our farm in Corindi NSW. A strong ability to work autonomously is required for this role in order to keep our operations running smoothly. The roles will involve the following work activities:
- Monitor plant water use and manage irrigation scheduling to meet targets.
- Ensure optimal operation of irrigation systems.
- Batch mix fertiliser in accordance with horticultural guidelines.
- Manage fertiliser stocks, lifting and moving fertiliser bags,
- Maintain fertiliser mixing and dosing equipment.
- Scout blocks for irrigation and plant health issues; spot fix and report major issues to the Irrigation Manager and/or horticulture team
- Carry out preventative maintenance following a schedule.
- Repair irrigation system pumps, pipework, fittings.
- Clean filters, repair, maintain filter sets.
To be successful in this role you will;
- Be capable of undertaking a moderate level of physical activity, regular walking, lifting (25Kg fertiliser bags), bending, and reaching.
- A willingness to work outside, have excellent attendance and attitude.
- Willingness to work on a regular roster (including weekend work)
- A background in Agricultural/horticultural experience is desired but not essential
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously and follow direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Current drivers license
What we offer:
- Minimum $27.65 per hour with potential to earn more
- All Costa Berries sites are classed as regional for Working Holiday 2nd and 3rd year visas
- Costa harvest trail – ability to transfer and travel between sites as the season changes!
- Access to clean toilets, drinking water and free on-site car parking
- Full-Training provided for all tasks creating work flexibility and consistency
- Celebrate Cultural Days (Occasional BBQ's and Free Drinks)
- Paid in line with the Costa Berries Enterprise Agreement
- Free Access to an Employee Assistant Program
- Opportunities for Learning, Development, and progression
- Make new friends, learn new skills, learn about new cultures. Costa is a diverse organisation - we have people from all walks of life
- Values based organisation – Costa has culture of CARE
Check out “Costa Well Grown” at https://vimeo.com/333655457
Costa prides itself on the diverse nature of its employees and welcomes applications from anyone who is interested in working for a large organisation at the forefront of growing innovation.
If you are interested in joining us, please submit your application. There will be a merit based recruitment process for all applications.
To submit your application you will need the following:
· A copy of your passport or Australian birth certificate with photo ID.
After you have submitted your application keep your eye on your emails - that is how we will contact you about the progress of your application. Once we have assessed your suitability for the role, if you are successful you will be issued documents for completion online prior to being invited