Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.
But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
Due to Costa’s recent expansion of citrus, wine grape and avocado operations in Colignan and Nangiloc Victoria, an opportunity has become available for an Irrigation Technician to join Costa. There is more than one role available as we are seeking to grow two Irrigation Teams, one located at Colignan Farm (560ha citrus, wine grape and table grape) and another at Nangiloc Farm (250ha citrus, wine grape and avocado). Wherever the successful applicants are based initially, there is scope to move between the two Farms (11kms apart) or, to deploy to other Costa acquisitions in the wider Sunraysia region.
A permanent role will be offered to the right applicants with irrigation experience or, the aptitude to be a fast learner and genuine team player. The ability to work a flexible roster including out of hours, night shift or weekend work is essential. Reporting to the Irrigation Manager & Agronomist at Colignan Farm or, the Citrus, Wine Grape & Avocado Manger at Nangiloc Farm, the Irrigation Technician will be responsible for implementing water and fertigation plans and ensuring on-site water infrastructure is correctly monitored, repaired and maintained to meet irrigation requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintenance and repair of sprinkler (overhead or low level) and drip irrigation of orchards and vineyards.
- Cleaning filters, flushing dripline and unblocking of sprinklers.
- Checking that irrigation has gone as programmed and troubleshooting any issues.
- Mixing and distribution of fertilisers.
- Accurate recording of fertiliser usage.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Experience working in a similar role, preferably on a large-scale orchard.
- Understanding of soils and irrigation to inform irrigation scheduling decisions.
- Basic computer skills in order to access online. soil moisture sensor data and to schedule irrigation.
- Reliable transport and a current Driver’s License is essential.
- Backhoe Licence would be highly regarded.
For more information please contact Werner Ullrich, Irrigation Manager & Agronomist, Colignan Farm on 0428 293 040 or Charlie Shaw, Citrus, Wine Grape & Avocado Manager, Nangiloc Farm on 0427 146 498.
A company house is available on both properties.