Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Harvest Supervisor - Tasmania
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join our team.
Sulphur Creek – Blueberry Farm
East Devonport – Strawberry Farm
Wesley Vale – Strawberry & Raspberry Farms
Dunorlan / Bengeo – Blackberry Farm
Lebrina – Blueberry Farm
What’s In It For Me -We understand you spend a lot of time at work, so the team at Costa want it to be fun and fulfilling!
We have a number of benefits on offer including:
- Vales based organisation – Costa has culture of CARE
- Provide leadership to create a high performing team
- Further training and career opportunities – we have many examples of people who have moved their way through different roles in our business we
- Make new friends, learn new skills, learn about new cultures. Costa is a diverse organisation we have people from all walks of life
- Potential for ongoing work in the off-harvest season
- Get outdoors and contribute to helping feeding families all around Australia
- All Costa Berries sites are classed as regional for Working Holiday 2nd and 3rd year visas
- Full safety induction
- Work health and safety managed as a priority on site with qualified and experienced First Aiders available at all times
- Full COVID protocols in place to protect all workers - registered COVID Safe Business TAS
- Opportunity to travel – follow the Costa Harvest Trail, work your way around Australia
What You Will Be Doing
- Be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of the crew – this is a priority for Costa and we are looking for people who place the same importance on this topic as we do.
- Be provided with the tools to ensure that the crew are able to be supported, and given what they need to perform well – you are in a key position to ensure the success of your crew, and it will be your responsibility to ensure the crew has everything they need to perform well, from guiding and directing the team throughout the day, to working with the farm logistics team to allow smooth and efficient harvesting.
- Manage the performance of individuals within the crew – this will require you to take the time to know everyone in your crew, understand their strengths, know how to motivate them and be able to provide them with information and coaching to improve.
- Provide performance information to the management team – you will be required to report back to the management team on a daily basis about the performance of your crew compared to the KPI’s.
This is a dynamic and demanding role that will enable you to be part of a close knit, high performing team. The role is all about people – if you are able to communicate well with others and positively develop team culture, you will be in a good position to enjoy the overall day to day role, whilst sharing in success.
- Clear, open and honest communication
- Well-developed organisation skills
- Confidence to lead, influence and motivate team members to achieve KPI’s
- Approachable and respectful qualities, and the ability to build relationships with your team
- Commitment to identifying areas of improvement in processes
- You have your own vehicle and drivers licence
To successfully complete your application please include a copy of your photo ID (License, Passport, ID Car) and your Birth Certificate. Alternatively, if you have a Passport you can just upload a copy.
What You Get In Return
This is a casual position, however those that are able to contribute positively to the team may have the opportunity to move to other roles on the farm as Costa continues to grow and expand its operations at the end of the busy harvest season.
What Is The Next Step?
The next step in the recruitment process will involve a face to face group interview. We will contact you if you are successful in reaching this step.
If this sounds like a role where you could perform well, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you.