Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Fruit Picker/Farm Worker – Multi location – Corindi (with transfer to Tumbarumba NSW or Tasmania)
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join our farm teams. This role will start in Corindi, NSW. Work will then continue in either Tumbarumba, NSW or Tasmania when the season in Corindi has finished (approximately November).
About the roles
Would you like the opportunity to explore different regions of Australia whilst securing reliable work prior to moving to a new area?
We are currently recruiting for casual roles that are seasonal in nature. The roles could involve working across multiple tasks however will predominantly involve fruit picking. The majority of work performed in these roles is paid on a piece work basis. All of our sites are classed as regional for the purposes of the second year visa 88 days requirements.
The roles will commence in Corindi NSW in August/September 2020. Upon work volumes reducing in November 2020 this role will transfer to either Tasmania or Tumbarumba (you can express your preference for your next site) subject to your work commitment and performance during your time in Corindi.
In return for your commitment and availability to transfer location, we will offer the following;
- Above award base rate used to calculate piece rate
- Guaranteed role in either Tasmania or Tumbarumba in November or December when work in Corindi slows down
- One point of contact during the recruitment process and during your employment with Costa for any queries
- Full induction and training to support you to achieve your best performance
- We will facilitate the smooth transfer of your job from one location to the next
We are looking for people with experience in working in a farm environment (however this is not essential).
To be successful in this role you will;
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Have excellent verbal communication
- Have the ability to undertake strenuous work activities for extended periods of time in adverse weather conditions
- Be a strong team player
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have the ability to communicate well and work within a team
- Be self-motivated
- Have an understanding of basic English (written and spoken)
- Hold a drivers licence and have your own reliable transport
There will be a merit-based recruitment process which will require applicants to outline how they meet the above criteria for the role.