Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Farm Workshop Mechanic
FARM WORKSHOP MECHANIC
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia. But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
We are seeking an experienced Mechanic who takes pride in delivering work at a high standard of quality and safety to join our amazing team at Colignan Farm located 50kms from the beautiful township of Mildura Victoria.
Colignan Farm operates year round with 560ha of table grape, wine and citrus properties meaning no two days are the same for our busy Mechanical team who perform a vast variety of R&M on farm machinery including not but limited to: tractors, sprayers, forklifts, earth moving equipment, work Utes, small stationary engines and ATV’s.
Our Mechanics mainly work in our huge, light filled and professional equipped workshop but may also be required to travel around the farm, or between farms, performing in-field troubleshooting if required. This role is not your standard indoor bound mechanic!
A flexible approach to work hours including occasional weekend work is essential to meet year round harvest and operational requirements. An on-site family sized 3 bedroom Company House is potentially available for the right person (pets allowed).
What you’ll be doing:
The primary objective of our workshop and its staff is to maintain on-site capability to perform trade qualified diagnosis and R&M of farm machinery to ensure they are safe and fit for purpose in executing critical spray programs and farm operations.
As you’ll be joining a team of experienced senior Farm Managers and their skilled operators, and will experience harvest crews of many different nationalities, the ability to maintain positive relationships with people at every level of the business and act as a trusted service provider is absolutely critical.
- Champion integrity and safety in every aspect of your role as our peoples’ safety depends on correctly applying diagnostic and trouble shooting skills to ensure farm machinery is fit for purpose at all times.
- Minimise production downtime by proactively identifying defects/malfunction causes to determine the most effective repair, replacement, or modification solution.
- Communicate in a professional and service orientated manner with Farm Mangers to align repair and maintenance works with crop critical spray programs and farming operations.
- Ensure good ‘housekeeping’ by maintaining workshop facilities in a clean and hygienic manner.
- Manage accurate inventory and repair and maintenance records.
What you’ll bring to the role:
We’re looking for someone with…
- Professional integrity and tradesman standards.
- A mechanical trade qualification such as Certificate III Agricultural Mechanical Technology, Certificate III Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology or Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade.
- Demonstrated ‘on the tools’ experience.
- Current Driver’s License is essential.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
We care for our people:
People are the heart of Costa. Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
For further information call Michael Ficarra, Regional Citrus & Grape Farming Manager on 0437 351 301. Please note we may shortlist and interview suitable candidates prior to advert closing date of 29 February 2024.