Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Farm Coordinator (Quality)
We're on the lookout for a Farm Coordinator with a Quality Assurance focus. This individual will lead quality culture at our Blueberry farms near Atherton and packing shed in Walkamin, FNQ during our peak Berry season.
What We Offer
A permanent, full-time position with a competitive base salary + superannuation.
- Leadership Development: We offer opportunities for continuous learning, development, and advancement in your career.
- Work-Life Balance: We value your well-being and prioritize work-life balance, providing you with the support you need to thrive in your personal and professional life.
- Resources: A full IT kit is provided, ensuring you have the tools necessary for success in an evolving safety landscape.
- Performance Recognition: Benefit from an annual performance review process that recognizes and celebrates your achievements.
About the Role
Your Daily Adventures during our peak Berry season...
- Lead and inspire quality initiatives with the team in daily operations.
- Oversee the efficient management of quality documentation in our SharePoint system.
- Stay updated on food standards and regulatory requirements, implementing necessary changes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Utilize your analytical skills to retrieve and analyze data, identifying trends for continuous improvement.
Incident Reporting and Monitoring:
- Manage incident reporting using our Costa Aware system, ensuring swift and effective resolution.
- Monitor and investigate incidents and hazards to uphold our commitment to safety.
- Develop a solid understanding of certified GSFI standards (e.g., Global GAP, Freshcare, HARPS) and implement necessary changes.
Product Quality and Specifications:
- Gain expertise in berry product defects and their impact on quality scores.
- Integrate retail customer specifications into our domestic and export programs.
Internal and External Audits:
- Conduct regular internal audits, including GMP, chemical, and buckets audits.
- Assist in annual 3rd party audits to ensure compliance with industry standards.
Support the harvest and operations functions (Off-Season duties):
- Collaborate with the Harvest Manager to supervise the Harvest/Operations support teams.
- Monitor team performance and provide constructive feedback for improvement as needed.
- Act as a point of contact for queries from Field Harvest Supervisors and Crews.
- Aid Field Supervisors in planning and executing tasks related to the harvest/operations, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness.
- Experience: Basic experience of coordinating the work of others (4 to 6 months). Sound experience and understanding of straightforward procedures or systems (7 to 12 months)
- Qualifications: You will need to drive to between locations on the farm so a current driver's license is essential.
- Skill Set: Excellent at managing deadlines, accurate data entry, and proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- Collaborative Spirit: Work seamlessly within a team and communicate effectively across diverse backgrounds.
- Values Centric: Showcase values-based behavior in your approach to safety, emphasizing integrity, collaboration, and commitment. Learn more about Costa Values here: https://costagroup.com.au/about-us/values/
Ready to shape the future of our harvest with us? Submit your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your qualifications and aspirations and we will get in contact with you.
For more information on this role, please contact the Berries HR team through HRCostaBerry@costagroup.com.au
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
Interested in learning more about Costa? Visit our website to find out more www.costagroup.com.au