Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Crop Work Supervisor - Tomatoes
We are currently seeking a great people leader for a Crop Work Supervisor to join our Elm Street Glasshouse 4 team in Guyra, NSW.
About the role:
The Supervisor ensures glasshouse daily activities are being performed by workers to meet specified standards for production, quality, hygiene and safety. A key focus for Supervisors is the development of the skills and performance of individual workers, promoting a positive work team environment and resolving issues in collaboration with the Assistant Grower in accordance with Costa HR and related policies. The supervisor also monitors the tomato crop and glasshouse environment to identify issues and recommend appropriate remedial/preventative actions to ensure a successful crop.
The successful candidates must have:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a tomato glasshouse environment, preferably with experience in all areas of crop work.
- A good knowledge of tomato crop nutrition, pest and disease management and growing strategies.
- Proven ability to monitor the crop and glasshouse environment, identify and investigate issues and make timely reports and recommendations.
- Good understanding and ability to use relevant glasshouse management systems including Priva and Nitea.
- Good communication skills and the ability to effectively lead a team.
- Ability to work independently and also effectively as part of a team.
- Be outcome focused with a track record of achieving performance, quality and safety targets.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills;
- Good IT skills including the use of MS excel and Outlook.
- Commitment to WHS, quality, hygiene and food safety.
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. From this market leading position, we work incredibly hard to keep improving the quality of our produce and the service we deliver to our consumers. With over 60 farms across Australia, our produce includes:
- Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries)
- Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit)
Our produce is supplied to all the major Australian supermarket chains, as well as independent grocers and a range of food industry stakeholders. We also export to Asia, North America and Europe. Costa is committed to sustainable agriculture. Not only is it a key strategy for maximising our profitability, it’s also crucial to ensuring that our country’s natural resources are utilised in both an environmentally responsible and efficient manner.
By taking this approach, Costa grows products which are healthy, safe and of the highest quality, while at the same time protecting and improving the natural environment.
About the Tomato Category:
Costa supplies tomatoes 365 days a year under the Blush brand and private label brands, including our Perino range and Cocktail truss in Coles, Sweet Berry truss and Cocktail truss in Woolworths and our Bellino range and Cocktail truss in ALDI.
Our tomatoes are grown in one of Australia’s largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located in the New South Wales town of Guyra. An 18 month, $67 million expansion project commences late 2018 which will increase our production area by 33% and create an additional 150 jobs onsite.
Our products are also grown in South Australia, Tasmania, Queensland and Western Australia through our grower partners.
Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Costa Tomatoes at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.
Tomato Category Enterprise Agreement 2019 Level 4.3 - 5.3
For further information contact
Keshav Timalsena, Senior Grower Manager - Vertical Farming
m: 0447 448 588