Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Backpack Spray Operator - Corindi
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
About the role:
You’ll be responsible for operating and maintaining back pack spray equipment and for the application of herbicide sprays on farm. Previous experience for this role is not needed as training will be provided to the successful applicant.
- Operate tractor and spray unit combination toward the safe and accurate application of sprays to our berry crops
- Perform regular checks and preventative maintenance on equipment as directed
- You'll use dispersing guns that are set to a correct amount
- Wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ensure all equipment is regularly washed down and cleaned according to set standards
- Be available to do a 38 hour week Monday to Friday
- Saturdays optional if work is available
We take health, safety and wellbeing of our employees very seriously. We are looking for someone who will take reasonable actions within their authority to ensure compliance with work health and safety legislation and Costa policies, protocols and procedures for the health and safety of all workers and visitors within the workplace.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A current driver’s license
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well as a team
- The enthusiasm to learn new skills
- A basic understanding of English (written and spoken)
- Punctual, reliable and able to follow direction
People are the heart of Costa. Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
Ready to apply?
Submit your application then keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder).