Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Administration Assistant - Tasmania
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
About the role:
The Administration Assistant plays a key role in our Recruitment team. The primary duties in this role will be to assist in screening, processing new employees, as well as to provide support to people across the farm and support with coordinating people transfers between sites.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities includes
- Demonstrate excellent customer service by answering enquiries in person, by telephone and by email
- Screen and process applications including verifying eligibility of work rights in Australia and necessary skills and experience
- Plan and coordinate movement of people between the Tasmania sites
- Liaise with applicants regarding their application and maintain contact with candidates during their employment
- Support harvest operations through provision of supplies to harvest supervisors
- Maintain employee database records including processing crew transfers, updating visa details and processing candidates through their exit from the business
This is a busy role supporting in achieving our required workforce over more than 1000 people in the peak season. All applications are hand screened through an online recruitment platform and must be processed quickly and accurately in line with our standard procedures. For this reason, it is essential that candidates have good computer skills.
The role is offered on a casual basis.
To be successful in this role you will have experience working in an high volume administration environment and will be committed to supporting candidates through the recruitment process.
- Have a certificate III Business Administration or similar, or be working towards (preferred but not essential)
- Be a good team player
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to write, speak and interact clearly, consistently and professionally.
- Have an ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Have exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Have high levels of attention to detail
- Have the ability to work with sensitive information in a confidential environment with a high degree of integrity.
- Be reliable and flexible in availability to work, working on a rotating roster that includes early starts and increased hours during the harvest season
- Experience in a recruitment or workforce planning role would be beneficial
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is essential.
We will review all applications received and will provide an update by email, so please keep an eye on your emails after you have submitted your application.