Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Administration Assistant - Recruitment
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. We nurture our people, cultivate our growing sites and invest in ongoing research and development.
All of the products we grow and sell are fresh, nutritious, unprocessed and grown on our very own farms or those of our partner growers.
The Costa Berry Category is at the forefront of genetic growing and innovation. We export to some of the most demanding markets in the world, so food safety is paramount. In all that we grow, we are committed to sustainable production and growing.
People are at the heart of the Costa business and across our regions we are a major employer with more than 6,000 workers during our peak seasons.
About the role:
The Administration Assistant plays a supportive role in our Recruitment team. The primary duties in this role will be to assist in screening, processing and onboarding new employees, as well as to provide support on people processes across the farm and support with coordinating people transfers between sites.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating excellent customer service by answering enquiries in person, by telephone and by email
- Screening and processing applications including verifying eligibility of work rights in Australia and necessary skills and experience
- Supporting in coordinating movement of people between all sites in line with seasonal variability
- Liaising with applicants regarding their application and maintaining contact with candidates during their employment
- Supporting harvest operations through provision of supplies to harvest supervisors
- Maintaining employee database records including processing crew transfers, updating visa details and processing candidates through their exit from the business
- Reporting accurate information to the Payroll team on a daily basis
This is a busy role supporting a high performing team to achieve our required workforce of more than 1000 people in the peak season. All applications are screened through an online recruitment platform and must be processed quickly and accurately in line with our standards and procedures. For this reason, it is essential that candidates have good computer skills.
This role is offered on a casual basis to support with seasonal changes within the business, and part-time work may be considered for the right candidate.
There is potential for further development for those interested in a career in Administration and/or HR and Recruitment, however this will be dependent upon the skills and preferences of the successful candidate and is not a requirement.
To be successful in this role you will have experience working in a high volume administration environment and will be committed to supporting candidates through the recruitment process.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Be a good team player
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to write, speak and interact clearly, consistently and professionally.
- An ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- High levels of attention to detail
- The ability to work with sensitive information in a confidential environment with a high degree of integrity.
- Be reliable and flexible in availability to work, working on a rotating roster that includes early starts and increased hours during the harvest season
- Experience in a recruitment role
- A certificate III Business Administration or similar, or working towards one
Please note: this role is not eligible for 417/462 visa holders to achieve a second or third year visa so please do not apply if you are trying to achieve your 3 or 6 months farm work.
We will review all applications received and will provide an update by email, so please keep an eye on your emails after you have submitted your application.